BEIJING, Dec. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES) ("NetEase" or the "Company"), one of China's leading internet and online game services providers, today announced that it revealed an extensive pipeline of PC-client and mobile games during NetEase Games' 2016 Award Ceremony held on December 27, 2016 in Shanghai. This fun-filled event celebrates the Company's major achievements in 2016 and offers gamers a sneak peek at NetEase's exciting 2017 pipeline of mobile and PC-client games.
NetEase furthered its strategy to bring new game experiences to its growing community, revealing a total of 29 games during the event. These included updates and expansion packs for highly popular PC-client and mobile games, as well as 14 new self-developed and licensed titles.
NetEase continues to delight audiences and extend its legacy titles with games like Fantasy Westward Journey, featuring new characters, new game play and innovative augmented reality (AR) function, and Westward Journey, which celebrated its 15th anniversary with the introduction of Westward Journey: Rage, an ARPG version, and an upgraded pocket version (including a full-scale data exchange with the PC version). NetEase also announced plans to introduce exciting new expansion packs in 2017 for games including New Ghost to follow its December expansion pack, which was well received, as well as Tianxia, Heroes of Tang Dynasty, Revelation and Invincible, as well as plans for Onmyoji's international release.
The event also highlighted the launch plans for several of the most anticipated self-developed mobile games including Land of Glory which is expected to commence open beta testing on December 29, 2016, an epic real-time 3D mobile MMORPG jointly developed by NetEase Studio F and NetEase'sNorth America office. To extend the success of its PC-client games, NetEase is bringing its legacy PC title Demon Seals to mobile players for an exhilarating experience in next-generation 2.5D MMO games on iOS on January 6, 2017.
NetEase will continue to introduce new PC-client games in 2017 that augment its growing mobile line-up. The Company is planning to bring Chinese audiences the highly acclaimed, global-award winning Minecraft PC version in conjunction with the mobile version release, and Open Range, a PC-client game integrating a romantic oriental fantasy. In addition, Twilight Pioneers is NetEase's first virtual reality (VR) title, which was developed based on Google's Daydream platform and released in November 2016.
Building on its strong growth momentum in the online game market, NetEase continues to expand its diverse portfolio across a variety of genres to thrill its growing player community. Other new games discussed at the Award Ceremony included:
- Mist World: expected in the first quarter of 2017, is a strategic adventure MMO mobile game developed for global audiences.
- Eternal Frontier: expected in early 2017, is a self-developed mobile RPG-shooting game set against a large alien planet background.
- World of Tanks: Blitz: expected in the second quarter of 2017, is a free-to-play mobile MMO action game, produced by Wargaming, the developer of the world-famous game World of Tanks.
- Minecraft: the world-renowned game is expected to begin open beta testing in the first half of 2017.
- Chu Liu Xiang: a martial arts mobile game with a high degree of freedom, based on the best-selling martial arts novel by Mr. Gu Long.
- Index: a 3D ACG Japanese-style RPG mobile game authorized and supervised by Kadokawa, and developed by NetEase Games.
- Apocalypse Alliance: expected in the first quarter of 2017, is NetEase's first mobile team-play shooting game, featuring a 2.5D overhead perspective and real-time multiplayer shooting action.
- Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy: a 3D-MMORPG mobile game adapted from the TV series under the same name, will be launched along with the series in 2017.
- Realm of Duels: a new 3D PC-client game developed by NetEase, where players can act as a summoner to cards of creatures, spells and artifacts. The first closed beta testing is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2017.
- Twilight Spirits: a brand-new 3D lock-free PC-client action game with exciting massive fighting scenes and a dodging and attacking philosophy.
"We are honored to introduce new exciting games to our loyal and growing community amid China's dynamic online game industry," said Mr. William Ding, Chief Executive Officer and Director of NetEase. "As the leading developer in Mainland China for both iOS and Android platforms, we are deeply committed to innovation that delights broad audiences both domestically and abroad. We plan to continue introducing high quality games throughout the year to thrill current users and attract new players to the enticing world of online games for PC and mobile devices."
About NetEase, Inc.
NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES) is a leading internet technology company in China. Dedicated to providing online services centered around content, community, communication and commerce, NetEase develops and operates some of China's most popular PC-client and mobile games, advertising services, e-mail services and e-commerce platforms. In partnership with Blizzard Entertainment, Mojang AB (a Microsoft subsidiary) and other global game developers, NetEase also operates some of the most popular international online games in China. For more information, please visit: http://ir.netease.com/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains statements of a forward-looking nature. These statements are made under the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You can identify these forward-looking statements by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. The accuracy of these statements may be impacted by a number of business risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or anticipated, including risks related to: the risk that the share repurchase program will not increase shareholder value; and other risks outlined in NetEase's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NetEase does not undertake any obligation to update this forward-looking information, except as required under applicable law.
Contact for Media and Investors:
Tel: (+86) 571-8985-3378
Tel: (+1) 212-481-2050
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/netease-unveils-new-pc-and-mobile-games-at-netease-games-2016-award-ceremony-300383792.html
SOURCE NetEase, Inc.