NetEase Spotlights R&D Capabilities in Game Development at GDC 2022
GDC is one of the world's most influential industry conferences for video game developers, and GDC 2022 will be held in-person and virtually at
The presentations will be hosted by some of the top designers, engineers and programmers at NetEase Games. Speakers will share their expertise on game development, operation, art design and user experience improvement, among others. Exciting topics to be covered will include how to use AI, blockchain and other cutting-edge technologies to maximize the value of the artwork system, how to maximize game operations with minimal costs as well as the following featured talks on topics of industry-wide interest, including:
- Oriental Narrative: How to Understand "SWORDSMEN (WUXIA)" in Chinese Games:
Zhipeng Hu, Vice President of NetEase, and Yongcheng Liu, a veteran user experience expert, will discuss the history of the Wuxia (martial arts) genre in video games, the primary elements of the genre, how to re-evaluate and reimagine old game settings, and how the art and style of Wuxia resonate with Chinese players.
- Minority Care: Make Color No Longer a Cognitive Disability:
NetEaseencourages its employees to develop games and features that make playing more accessible and inclusive, particularly for persons with physical or other challenges. NetEase'sgaming leaders behind the success of Naraka: Bladepoint will share how the game's Accessibility Design helps players with color vision deficiencies fully enjoy the game.
- "Naraka: Bladepoint" -- From Prototype to Release: Melee Combat and Battle
Royale Games: Known for the freedom of combat that the player has over the battle, Naraka: Bladepoint is a 60-player battle royale game where players can use skills, grappling hooks, parkour, melee weapons and long-range weapons to win the battle. The user experience team behind this game is ready to share their knowledge about how to create a closed-loop experience while introducing a large number of new elements.
- Early Stage Game Evaluation: Lessons Learned and Best Practices: How can developers tell whether a game is a "good idea"? It is a challenging task for most game developers, especially at the early stages. Learning from its extensive experience with game evaluation, a
NetEasespeaker will explain the key factors used in its evaluation process and how it defines the stages of early game development.
- Reinforcement Learning for Efficient Cars and Tracks Design in Racing Games: This presentation introduces an AI-based approach for designing tracks in racing games, allowing developers to perform a thorough analysis of the optimal racing trace for all vehicles and reducing the development time while testing tracks.
- AI Animator: A Real Time Motion Completion System: NetEase Games believes that it's time to move beyond the need for a large-scale pre-built motion library, and start using AI to generate high-quality game animation with fewer memory requirements. This presentation will teach attendees how to use a new and exciting game animation generation method.
- An Easy-to-Use Cutscenes Preview Tool with Low Resources: Creating engaging cutscenes can often require a significant amount of polishing in order for artists to be able to produce work that matches the creator's vision. This presentation will focus on an easy-to-use cutscenes preview tool that uses five plug-ins with the ability to generate speech and animation through a single click. Developers will be able to quickly make prototype versions of cutscenes using this tool, cutting down on production time.
These and other talks by NetEase Games are available to GDC attendees with All Access, Core Games or Summit Passes. For more information about GDC 2022 and where to watch the NetEase Games presentations online, please visit:
- Learn more about
NetEaseat GDC: https://schedule.gdconf.com/search/Netease
NetEaseon Twitter: https://twitter.com/NetEase_Global
- Follow NetEase Games on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NetEaseGames_EN
- Official 2022 GDC Website - https://gdconf.com/
- GDC Schedule & Session Viewer - https://schedule.gdconf.com/
- Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/gdc/videos
About NetEase, Inc.
As a leading internet technology company based in China,
About NetEase Games
NetEase Games is the online games division of
Follow Us on Social Media:
Official Website: https://www.neteasegames.com/
Tel: (+86) 571-8985-3378
Tel: (+86) 571-8985-2668
Tel: (+86) 20-8510-5163 ext.57169
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/netease-spotlights-rd-capabilities-in-game-development-at-gdc-2022-301505602.html