NetEase, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively “NetEase” or “we”) have always solemnly promised to protect the privacy of users who use NetEase’s products and service (collectively “NetEase Service”) (the “User” or “you”). When you use NetEase Service, we may collect and use your information.
1. Information that we may collect
2. How will we collect and use the information
3. We may share, transfer and disclose the information
4. How will we keep, save and protect the information
5. How to manage your information
6. Service provided by third parties
7. Age limit
8. Notice and amendment
9. How to contact us
I. Information that we may Collect
(I) Information not related to personal identity:
When you use NetEase Service, we may collect and summarize information such as the user’s source route, access sequence and so on, such as record the source route and browser software of each User who uses NetEase Service.
(II) Information related to your personal identity:
When you use NetEase Service , we may collect and summarize or request you to provide information related to personal identity, such as personal identification (including ID card, passport, and driver license); date of birth, place of birth, gender, hobbies, personal phone number, facial features; online identification information (including system account, IP address, email address, and password and answers to password protection of the foregoing); personal property information (including dealing records, balances, coupons, game exchange codes, and bank card information); communication information; personal online records and log information (including website browsing records, software usage records, click records, and operation logs); device information (including device model, device MAC address, operating system type and device settings); software list unique device identifier (such as IMEI/android ID/IDFA/OPENUDID/GUID, information describing basic information of personal devices including IMSI information of the SIM card); location information (including trip information, precise positioning information, accommodation information, and latitude and longitude).
We collect your information primarily to make it easier and more satisfying for you and other users to use NetEase Service. NetEase's goal is to provide all internet users with safe, exciting, funny and instructive internet experience and this information helps us achieve this goal.
Please note that if you upload or post information in public areas that are visible to other users in NetEase Service and you disclose your personal information in response to information uploaded or posted by others, such information may be collected and used by others. When you find that NetEase users improperly collect or use information from you or others, please contact Privacy@service.netease.com.
II. How will We Collect and Use the Information
(I) We will collect and obtain your information through the following ways:
1. Information provided by you. For example:
(1) information provided by you when you register an account for NetEase Service or use NetEase Service;
(2) sharing information provided by you to other parties through NetEase Service, and information saved when you use NetEase Service .
2. Your information shared by other parties. Also sharing information about you provided by other parties when they use NetEase Service.
3. Your information obtained by us. The information collected, summarized and recorded by us when you use NetEase Service, such as log information, location information and device information.
(II) COOKIES, log archives and WEB BEACON
We or our third party partners may obtain and use your information through COOKIES and WEB BEACON and save this information as log information.
COOKIES enables us to serve you better and faster, and to make your experience on NetEase Service more personal. However, you should be able to control whether and how COOKIES is accepted by your browser. Please check the documentation attached to your browser for more information on this.
We or our third party partners may collect and use your information through COOKIES and WEB BEACON, and store such information.
We use our own COOKIES and WEB BEACON for the following purposes:
(1) Remember your identity. For example: COOKIES and WEB BEACON help us identify you as our registered user, or save your preferences or other information provided by you to us.
(3) Advertising optimization. COOKIES and WEB BEACON help us to provide you with advertisements related to you based on your information instead of general advertising.
You can reject or manage COOKIES or WEB BEACON through the browser or user selection mechanism. However, please note that if you disable COOKIES or WEB BEACON, we may not be able to provide you with the best service experience, and some services may not work properly. At the same time, you will still receive ads, but the relevance of these ads to you will decrease.
(III) We will collect and use your information for the following purposes:
1. Help you to complete the registration
In order for us to provide services for you, you need to provide basic registration information, such as mobile phone number, email address, etc., and create your username and password.
In relation to some separate services, if you only need to use basic services such as browsing and searching, you do not need to register to become a NetEase user and provide the above information.
2. Provide goods or services to you
The information we collect and use is necessary to provide you with NetEase Service. In case lack of relevant information, we will not be able to provide you with the core content of NetEase Service, such as:
(1) In relation to some service projects, in order to facilitate the delivery goods or services to you, you need to provide the consignee’s personal identification information, name, shipping address, postal code, consignee, contact telephone number, payment status and other information. If you refuse to provide such information, we will not be able to complete the relevant delivery service. If you order goods or services for others through NetEase Service, you need to provide the aforementioned information of the actual orderer. Before providing us with the aforementioned information of the actual orderer, you need to make sure that you have obtained their authorized consent.
(2) In order to display the order information of your account, we will collect the order information generated during your use of NetEase Services to show you and facilitate your order management;
(3) When you contact us, we may store information such as your communication/call history and conversation or the contact information you left behind in order to contact you or help you solve problems, or to document the solutions and results of the related issues.
(4) In order to confirm the transaction status and provide after-sales and dispute resolution services for you, we will collect your transactions, payment, and logistics information related to the progress of the transactions through your transaction objects, payment agents, and logistics companies selected based on such transactions, or we will share your transaction information with the above service providers.
3. Push notifications to you
(1) Show and push products or services for you. We may use your information, your browsing and search records, device information, location information, order information to extract your browsing, search preferences, behavioral habits, location information and so on, and based on feature tags, use emails, text messages or other methods to send marketing information, provide or promote our or third parties’ following goods and services to you:
Our goods and services, including but not limited to: instant messaging service, online media service, interactive entertainment service, social networking service, payment service, internet search service, location and map service, applications software and service, data management software and service, online advertising service, internet finance and other social media, entertainment, online games, e-commerce, information and communications software and services ("Internet services"); and
Third party goods and services, including but not limited to: internet services, food and catering, sports, music, movies, television, live performances and other arts and entertainment, books, magazines and other publications, clothing and accessories, jewelry, cosmetics, personal health and hygiene, electronics, collectibles, housewares, electrical appliances, home furnishings and settings, pets, automotive, hotels, transportation and tourism, banking, insurance and financial services, points and rewards programs, and other goods and services we believe may be related to you.
(2) Send notices to you. We may send you notices related to the service when necessary (for example when we suspend a single service, change, or stop providing a single service due to system maintenance).
If you do not wish to continue to receive messages we have pushed, you may request us to stop the push. For example: According to the SMS unsubscribe guidelines, you may request us stop sending promotional SMS messages or set up on mobile devices to stop receiving messages from us. However, except when we send messages according to the provisions of the law or the service agreement of individual services.
4. Provide you with security
To ensure the authenticity of your identity and provide you with better security, you can provide us with sensitive personal information such as identification and facial features and other biometric information to complete real-name authentication.
In addition to authentication, we may use your information for customer service, security precautions, fraud monitoring, archiving and backup purposes to ensure the security of the services provided by us to you; we may use or integrate your information collected by us, and our partners obtain the information authorized by you or legally shared information to comprehensively determine your account and transaction risk, conduct identity verification, detect and prevent security incidents, and take necessary records, audits, analysis and disposal actions according to the law.
5. Improve our services
We may use the information collected through a certain NetEase Service for our other services. For example, your information collected when you use one of NetEase Services may be used in another NetEase Service to provide you with specific content or to show you information that is relevant to you, but not universally pushed; we may ask you to participate in surveys about NetEase Service to help us improve existing services or design new services; at the same time, we may use your information for software updates.
You understand and agree that, upon the collection of your information, we will de-identify the data through technical means. The de-identified information will not identify you. In such case, we have the right use such de-identified information to analyze and commercialize the user database.
6. Exceptions to get authorization
According to relevant laws and regulations, collecting your information under the following circumstances does not need to get your authorization:
(1) related to national security and national defense security;
(2) related to public safety, public hygiene and material public interests;
(3) related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgments;
(4) it is difficult to obtain your own consent for the maintenance of material legal rights and interests such as the life and property of the main body of the information or other individuals;
(5) the information collected is disclosed by yourself to the public;
(6) information collected from legally disclosed information, such as the channels including legitimate news reports and governmental information disclosure;
(7) necessary to sign a contract according to your request;
(8) necessary to maintain the safe and stable operation of NetEase Service , for example, discover and deal with the failure of products or services;
(9) necessary for legitimate news reports;
(10) necessary for academic research institutions to conduct statistical or academic research based on public interest, and when provided outbound results of academic research or description, the information contained in such results will be de-identified;
(11) other circumstances as stipulated by laws and regulations.
III. We May Share, Transfer or Disclose the Information
Except for the following circumstances, without your consent, we will not share your information with any third party other than NetEase:
1. provide you with our services. We may share your information with our partners and other third parties in order to achieve the core functions you need or to provide the services you need, such as to provide logistics service providers with corresponding order information;
2. maintain and improve our services. We may share your information with our partners and other third parties to help us provide you with more targeted and improved services, such as communication service providers that send emails or push notifications on our behalf;
5. share with third parties including the partners who entrusts us to promote, but we will only provide such third parties with the information relating to the coverage and effectiveness of the promotion, not any information which will identify you, such as name, telephone number or email address; or we will summarize these information so that it will not identify you personally. For example, we can notify such third parties how many people viewed their promotional information or purchased their goods after viewing such information, or provide them with statistical information that could not identify personal identity and help them understand their audiences or customers.
7. to help you deal with your disputes or controversy with others upon your legitimate request;
8. provide your information in response to the legitimate requests of your guardian;
9. provide according to the individual service agreement signed with you (including the online signed electronic agreement and the corresponding platform rules) or other legal documents;
10. provide based on academic research;
11. provide based on the social and public interests that are in conformity with laws and regulations.
2. With your explicit consent, we will transfer your information to other parties.
We will disclose your information only under the following conditions and in compliance with industry-standard security measures:
1. Disclose your designated information in the manner to which you explicitly agree according to your needs;
2. Where it is necessary to provide your information in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations, mandatory administrative enforcement or judicial requirements, we may disclose your information in accordance with the type of information requested and the manner of disclosure. In compliance with laws and regulations, when we receive the above request for disclosure of information, we will require the recipient to show corresponding legal documents, such as subpoenas or investigation letters. We firmly believe that the information required to be provided by us should be as transparent as possible to the extent permitted by law. We have carefully reviewed all requests to ensure that they are legally valid and are limited to the data that law enforcement agencies have obtained for their specific legal purposes.
IV. How will we keep, save and protect the information
The information we collect and generate within the territory of the People's Republic of China is stored in the People's Republic of China, unless:
1. otherwise expressly required by the laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China;
2. we have obtained your authorization/consent to do otherwise; or
3. because you use the NetEase Service related to cross-border activities, it is necessary for us to provide your personal information outside the People's Republic of China.
We will take the following measures to protect your information:
(I) Data Security Technology Measures
We will adopt industry-standard security protection measures, including the establishment of reasonable system specifications and security technologies to prevent unauthorized access and modification to your information, avoid the damage or loss of data. Web services use a variety of encryption technologies. For example, in some services, we will use encryption technology (such as SSL) to protect your information, adopt encryption technology to encrypted storing your information, and isolate via isolation technology. In the use of information, such as information display, information-related computing, we will use a variety of data desensitization technologies to enhance the security of information in use, and use strict data access control and multiple identity authentication technologies to protect the date from being used illegally.
(II) Other Security Measures Adopted by Us to Protect the Information
We manage and regulate the storage and use of information by establishing a data classification hierarchy, data security management rules, and data security development regulations.
We conduct comprehensive data security control through information access confidentiality agreements, monitoring and auditing mechanisms.
Strengthen security awareness. We also hold security and privacy protection training courses to strengthen employees’ awareness of the importance of protecting information.
(III) We only allow NetEase employees and partners who need to know the information to access to your information, and set strict access control and monitoring mechanisms for this purpose. We also require that all personnel who may have access to your information perform the corresponding confidentiality obligations. Failure to perform these obligations may result in legal liability or suspension of cooperation with NetEase.
(IV) We will take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that no unrelated information is collected.
(V) The internet is not an absolutely secure environment, and the methods used to communicate with other users, such as e-mail, instant messaging, social software or other service software, cannot be determined to be fully encrypted. We recommend that you use complicated passwords when using such kinds of tools and carefully protect your Information security.
(VI) The internet environment is not 100% secure, and we will do our best to ensure or guarantee the security of any information you send to us. If our physical, technical, or management protective facilities are destroyed, resulting in unauthorized access to information, public disclosure, alteration, or destruction, and your legitimate rights and interests are damaged, we will assume corresponding legal liabilities.
(VII) Dealing with Security Incidents
When communicating with third parties or purchasing goods and services through NetEase Service, you will inevitably disclose your information to the counterparty or potential counterparties, such as contact information or postal address. Please protect your information and provide it to others only when necessary.
In order to cope with possible risks such as information disclosure, damage and loss, we have formulated a number of systems to clarify the classification and grading standards for security incidents and security vulnerabilities and the corresponding processing procedures. We also set up a specific emergency response team for security incidents. According to the requirements of the security incident handling regulations, we will initiate security preplans for different security incidents, conduct stop loss, analysis, positioning, formulate remedial measures, and trace and crack with relevant departments jointly.
Upon the occurrence of unfortunate information security incidents, we will promptly inform you in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations: the basic information and possible impact of security incidents, the measures we have taken or will take, and recommendations on your own precautions and risk reduction, remedial measures for you and so on. At the same time, we will promptly inform you of the incident-related situation by email, letter, telephone, push notification, etc. When it is difficult to notify the information subject one by one, we will issue a notice in a reasonable and effective manner. Meanwhile, we will also voluntarily report the disposal of information security incidents in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Please understand that due to technical limitations and risk prevention limits, even if we have strengthened our security measures as much as possible, we cannot always guarantee 100% security of the information. You need to understand that the system and communication network used by you to access to NetEase Service may have problems due to circumstances beyond our control.
V. How to Manage Your Information
(I) Access, Update and Delete
We encourage you to update and modify your information to make it more accurate and effective. You can access your information through NetEase Service, and complete by yourself or request us to modify, supplement or delete according to management of corresponding information. We will use appropriate technical methods to ensure you can access, update and correct your own information or other information provided when using NetEase Service as much as possible.
(II) Publish and Share
Many of our service allow you to share your information not only with your social network, but also with all users who use such service, such as information uploaded or posted by you on NetEase Service, your response to the information uploaded or posted by others, your personal information uploaded or published via email or in the public area which is available to non-specific users in NetEase Service, and also the location data and log information related to such information. As long as you do not delete the information you published or shared, such information may remain in the public domain; even if you delete the shared information, such information still may be cached, copied or saved independently by other users or third parties who are not under our control, or be kept in the public domain by other users or such third parties. If you publish or share information through the above channels, which results in the disclosure of your information, we will not be liable for the same. Therefore, we remind you and ask you to carefully consider whether to publish or share your information through the above channels.
Subject to the conditions specified in the service agreement in relation to single NetEase Service and the provisions of relevant national laws and regulations, your account for such single NetEase Service may be cancelled or deleted. After the account is cancelled or deleted, all service information and data related to such account and such single service will be deleted or processed according to the service agreement in relation to such single NetEase Service.
(IV) Change the Scope of your Authorization
You can always select whether to disclose the information. Some information is required to use NetEase Service, but the provision of most other information is on your decision. You can change the scope of your authorization to us to continue to collect the information or withdraw your authorization by means of deleting information, turning off device functions and so on.
After you withdraw your authorization, we are unable to continue to provide you with the service corresponding to the withdrawal of the authorization, and will not process your corresponding information. However, your decision to withdraw your authorization will not affect the information processing previously based on your authorization.
(V) Tips for Sensitive Information
Certain information may be considered being sensitive information because of its particularity, such as your race, religion, personal health and medical information, as well as identification documents, personal biometric information, property information, traces, information of minors, etc.
Please note the content and information provided, uploaded or posted by you on NetEase Service (such as photos or information about your social activities) may reveal your sensitive information. You need to carefully consider whether to use NetEase Service to disclose your sensitive information.
VI. Service provided by third parties
NetEase Service may link to the social media or other services provided by third parties (including websites or other forms of services), including:
(1) You may use “share” button to share some content with NetEase Service, or you can use a third-party service to log into NetEase Service. These features may collect your information (including your log information), and may put COOKIES on your computer to properly operate the above features;
(2) we provide you with links through advertisements or other means of our service to enable you access to the services or websites of third parties; and
(3) other circumstances of accessing to the services of third parties.
VII. Age Limit
We recommend that any minor who participates in online activity should obtain prior consent from parents or his/her legal guardian (“Guardian”). We will protect information about minors in accordance with relevant national laws and regulations.
VIII. Notice and Amendment
We may publish service-related announcements when necessary (for example, when we suspend certain service due to system maintenance). You may not be able to cancel these announcements that are related to the service and that are not in the nature of promotion.
Finally, you must be obligated to keep your account and password confidential. In any case, please take care of such information safely.
IX. How to Contact Us
As the leading Internet company in China, NetEase provides a collection of on-line content, communication tools, online forums, auctions and shopping services, online community and messaging services (the "Services") to you with the URLs www.163.com; www.netease.com; www.yeah.net, www.126.com; and www.nease.net. In addition, when using particular NetEase services, you will be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services which may be posted from time to time. NetEase may introduce new services from time to time and all these services shall be subjected to these TOS.
You agree that NetEase has the following rights:
- NetEase owns or has the right to use all the intellectual property represented by the Services that were developed or jointly developed by NetEase and these Services are protected by applicable intellectual property laws, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other laws.
- NetEase may make copies of user posted Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law if necessary to (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any user posted Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of NetEase, its users and the public. NetEase and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the PRC laws, regulations, these TOS or is otherwise objectionable in NetEase's sole discretion.
- With respect to all Content that you elect to post to any publicly accessible areas of the Service, you agree to give NetEase a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- NetEase has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. NetEase reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time and change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice. NetEase reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. NetEase shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. NetEase may terminate any account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or violations of TOS.
As the user of NetEase Services, you are obligated to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself for any registrations and maintain and promptly update the above information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. NetEase cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your losses of account user ID and password.
- be responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the NetEase services. NetEase does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will NetEase be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
- shall not upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable and you do not have the right to transmit.
- shall not upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping rooms) that are designated for such purpose
- shall not interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; and observe the local applicable PR China laws and regulations.
- agree to indemnify and hold NetEase, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
- Shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NETEASE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NETEASE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF NETEASE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. (vi) NetEase SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACCURACY, USEFULNESS OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED VIA THE SERVICE, AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY COMMERCIAL TRADING OR INVESTMENT DECISIONS MADE BASED ON SUCH INFORMATION.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that NetEase shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.